Friday, September 19, 2014

September Stitch Fix Review

Stitch Fix #2 is here! I have been eagerly waiting for this ever since I got my last fix. This month I got some classic pieces to add some class to my wardrobe. While everything wasn't exactly my style I was still super happy with what my stylist Hannah picked out for me.

What is Stitch Fix? 

Stitch Fix is a styling service that selects and sends five items to you based on your style profile and Pinterest style boards. When you sign up for the service you fill out a style profile with your preferred styles, sizes, and links to your Pinterest board. Your stylist uses this information to select five items, both clothing and accessories, and sends them your way. You then get to try on your new clothes in the comfort of your own home. Your stylist also includes a note on your items and style cards with different ways to style your pieces. You select what you would like to keep and send back what you don't want to keep in the prepaid envelope. A $20.00 styling fee is charged when your items are sent to you. If you keep any of the items the $20.00 styling fee is applied towards your first item. If you want to keep all five items you receive a 25% discount.

Think Stitch Fix might be for you? Sign up here!

September Stitch Fix Review 

Angie Clarabelle Swing Skirt, $48.00

When I first pulled this out of my box I wasn't initially impressed. It was a black skirt with nothing super special about it. Once I tried it on I realized just how versatile it was. It was a good length for both work and play and can be dressed up or down. It was also made of a heavier material which will be good for winter. I have paired the skirt with one of my own tops and boots.  

Verdict: Kept 

Market and Spruce Sam Hi-Lo Short Sleeve Tee, $44.00

I really love how this shirt fit and it was very soft, but I wasn't in love with the grey. I spent a long time trying to decide if I wanted to keep it because it is a great casual top, but ultimately I decided that this top just wasn't for me. 

Verdict: Sent Back


Pomelo Francis Striped Fit and Flare Dress, $58.00

I love this dress! When I first saw this is the box I thought "Hmm, that looks like a nice black and white dress." I didn't know how much I was going to love it until I had it on. The way the stripes on the dress flatter my figure is amazing. It makes my waist look smaller and the skirt flows over my hips just right. I look forward to pairing this with a bright cardigan for a pop of color, boots, and tights.

Verdict: Kept 


Ezra Malena Embroidered Flutter Sleeve Blouse, $54.00

I really wanted to love this top, but for some reason it just didn't feel right. I thought the sleeves were super cute with the embroidery and I love a good flutter sleeve, but this top just wasn't the top for me. I think part of the reason I was hesitant to keep this top was because I am looking to transition into fall clothes and need more three-quarter or long sleeve tops.

Verdict: Sent Back

 

Octavia Bennie Heathered Stripe Knit Infinity Scarf, $34.00

This scarf was just not my style. While I signed up for Stitch Fix with the intention that it would help me stretch and explore different styles, this was something I just don't think I would ever wear. I don't typically wear the colors in the scarf so even though I tried it on with several of my own tops, it just didn't match my wardrobe. Also being a knitter it feels a little like cheating to buy a knitted cowl.


Verdict: Sent Back 

Even though I only kept two items from this fix I still really enjoyed the expereince. I love that it is a surprise and that my stylist Hannah takes the time to look through my Pinterest board to see what I am loving that month. She even commented that she saw my blog post! I think that the items that I kept this month are going to get a lot of rotation through the coming winter months. I can't wait to see what will be in my October Fix!

Think Stitch Fix might be for you? Sign up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment